1 yard bag Soil Amender
Our Soil Amender is Normally screened extra fine , due to all rain we are unable to screen it that fine until further notice . It is the same dark rich soil amender with all the nutrients .
This highly nutrient rich compost can be used on its own as a mulch topping to add that desirable top dressed appearance to planting beds, or ideally as a boost to increase the organics of poorer quality depleted native soils.
Finally a natural alternative to chemical fertilizers. Our soil amender is like a caffeine boost for your soil! If you're looking for the best soil amender then this is it! MyGardenBag is the only residential distributor in the Lower Mainland, this isn't your typical soil amender.
Soil amender is a super nutrient rich mulch alternative, top dressing or soil amender. Safe, effective and environmentally friendly, it’s ideal for use in landscaping, vegetable gardens and potting soil. A great way to Boost your nutrient deficient soil.
Boosts soil nutrients | Improve soil texture | Improve planter bed appearance and colour | Alternative to mulch | Sustainable natural alternative to chemical fertilizers | 100% recycled organics
Where to use -
- Around existing established shrubs, planter beds. Top dressing for that manicured look.
- Work into existing soil to boost nutrient levels or leave on top and the nutrients will slowly wash down into the root system.
Where not to use -
- Not recommended as 100% soil for new seedlings/starter plants as the nitrogen content is to high. If soil amender is mixed 50/50 with your existing soil then it's fine to plant new seedlings.
How to use -
The secret of soil conditioning is getting the right nutrients right to where your plants need them – at the roots. Soil amender can be used to top dress lawns, mulch flower beds or be mixed right into the soil for excellent results. And using it is easy...
- flower beds and veggie gardens: Mix one inch of amender with the top four inches of soil.
- established flower/shrub beds: Top dress with 1.5" of amender.
- roses, tubers and bulbs: Use one part amender to four parts soil.
- trees and shrubs: Placing amender over the existing soil surface will help maintain moisture and improve native soil conditions, minimize weed competition and provide a well-groomed dark uniform appearance. Top dress with 1.5" - 2" of amender.
- new lawns: Cover the ground with one or two inches and work into existing soil a few inches. Follow normal planting and sodding procedures. Do not use as primary soil, you must mix it in.
- established lawns: Mow your lawn shorter than normal, spread 1/4 - 1/2 inch of amender and rake it in or use a broom and get it down to the base. While raking in remove any small bits of wood and anything that doesnt drop down. Water well! Leave the lawn for several mowing cycles as required, you don’t want to suck up all that great new soil with the grass clippings. Mulching your lawn clippings is acceptable and let it all fall back on the surface. Apply in fall or early spring. Water well
- container/planter mixes: Amend potting mix to 20 per cent amender, or top dress existing planters with a 1/4" - 1 " as required
Get 5% discount on additional bag purchased of any product, your cart updated automatically.
Sample of materials available to see... Visit us at 12745 116 Avenue, Surrey .
Need more than a yard? We also deliver large volumes of all products in traditional dump truck bulk deliveries, call us at 604 444 0085 / 604 322 6790 .
Great service, great product that i have order many times before. I first spotted this idea in the UK Many years ago and was delighted when it came to Canada.
Great quality ,delivered on time
Great product even though it wasn’t the fine amender
Very happy with the quality .
Very happy with the product and delivery.
Really appreciated the delivery. Put the bag right where I asked them to put it. A bit tricky but the driver made it work
Looks fabulous! We are pleased with the look of our garden. One problem: strong smell of dog poop that seems not to go away.
Amazing product and excellent service
Bought this for the first time last year. Self-seeding kale was more than DOUBLE height where it grew in the Amender vs other equally sunny spots in the garden!! Bought even more Amender this year! Great service, bags very carefully and perfectly placed without damage to nearby fruit trees. Thank you!
We are very happy with this product. The delivery time was communicated accurately and the product placed exactly where we wanted it. The bags are easy to use and to reseal during inclement weather. The amender provides an excellent mulch with good structure and nutrient properties, judging by the smell! We would buy this again.
High in animal manures that could have benefited with a few more months composing. Very consistent soilless mixture though. We need assurances that all of your products are PEAT-FREE. I will never purchase a product that is not.
Delivery time was spot on and quick and was off loaded exactly where needed. Will use this in the future.