1 Yard Soil Amender
This highly nutrient rich compost can be used on its own as a mulch topping to add that desirable top dressed appearance to planting beds, or ideally as a boost to increase the organics of poorer quality depleted native soils.
Finally a natural alternative to chemical fertilizers. Our soil amender is like a caffeine boost for your soil! If you're looking for the best soil amender then this is it! MyGardenBag is the only residential distributor in the Lower Mainland, this isn't your typical soil amender.
Soil amender is a super nutrient rich mulch alternative, top dressing or soil amender. Safe, effective and environmentally friendly, it’s ideal for use in landscaping, vegetable gardens and potting soil. A great way to Boost your nutrient deficient soil.
Boosts soil nutrients | Improve soil texture | Improve planter bed appearance and colour | Alternative to mulch | Sustainable natural alternative to chemical fertilizers | 100% recycled organics
Where to use -
- Around existing established shrubs, planter beds. Top dressing for that manicured look.
- Work into existing soil to boost nutrient levels or leave on top and the nutrients will slowly wash down into the root system.
Where not to use -
- Not recommended as 100% soil for new seedlings/starter plants as the nitrogen content is to high. If soil amender is mixed 50/50 with your existing soil then it's fine to plant new seedlings.
How to use -
The secret of soil conditioning is getting the right nutrients right to where your plants need them – at the roots. Soil amender can be used to top dress lawns, mulch flower beds or be mixed right into the soil for excellent results. And using it is easy...
- flower beds and veggie gardens: Mix one inch of amender with the top four inches of soil.
- established flower/shrub beds: Top dress with 1.5" of amender.
- roses, tubers and bulbs: Use one part amender to four parts soil.
- trees and shrubs: Placing amender over the existing soil surface will help maintain moisture and improve native soil conditions, minimize weed competition and provide a well-groomed dark uniform appearance. Top dress with 1.5" - 2" of amender.
- new lawns: Cover the ground with one or two inches and work into existing soil a few inches. Follow normal planting and sodding procedures. Do not use as primary soil, you must mix it in.
- established lawns: Mow your lawn shorter than normal, spread 1/4 - 1/2 inch of amender and rake it in or use a broom and get it down to the base. While raking in remove any small bits of wood and anything that doesnt drop down. Water well! Leave the lawn for several mowing cycles as required, you don’t want to suck up all that great new soil with the grass clippings. Mulching your lawn clippings is acceptable and let it all fall back on the surface. Apply in fall or early spring. Water well
- container/planter mixes: Amend potting mix to 20 per cent amender, or top dress existing planters with a 1/4" - 1 " as required
Save $20 on each additional bag purchased of any product, your cart updated automatically.
Sample of materials available to see... Visit us at 2806 Grandview Highway, Vancouver or 12745 116 Avenue, Surrey .
Need more than a yard? We also deliver large volumes of all products in traditional dump truck bulk deliveries, call us at 604 444 0085 / 604 322 6790 .
14 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I think you could have made it clearer exactly what day the soil was being delivered. Otherwise I am very happy with the product and service.
Wish I had of ordered more than 1 yard!
great product, great service
Top quality product, it’s beautiful to use.
Flawless service and customer support, competitive pricing, quick delivery, and the product looks great. Couldnt be happier so far. Only reason for the 4 stars is because I havent been able to fully assess the soil until I see the real results after the winter months. Thanks!
Lovely product. This is my third bag of amender and I am impressed with the mixture. Thank you!
Ordered 1 yard of soil amender and was very happy with the product and results. Used it to amend heavy clay soil for growing a new lawn from seed. It worked great and grass grew quickly. I would definitely recommend this soil amender.
Once again you were kind enough to get me my delivery faster than normal. The soil was excellent and gave us a nice rich black look to our front gardens. So far all the bags of soil I've ordered from you have been exactly as described on your website..
We top up soils for our daycare garden. No mess and easy to handle for landscaper. The quality of soil is very good.